We are asking cultural workers in New Orleans to participate in our Cultural Career Paths study. This study is being conducted by the City of New Orleans’ Office of Cultural Economy to learn more about the career paths of cultural workers in our city. The data from this survey will be used to help us create new policies and programs that respond to cultural workers’ needs and help ensure their success. The survey should take 15-20 minutes of your time to complete. All responses to this questionnaire are completely anonymous, so we will not ask for your name or any personally identifiable information in the survey. Thank you for taking the time to respond – your response is very important to this study!
If you are not sure whether you qualify as a “cultural worker,” below are the six types of work that the Office of Cultural Economy considers to be cultural work. If you don’t see your exact occupation listed but believe you fit into one of these six cultural sectors – please go ahead and fill the survey out.
- Culinary Arts (including full-service restaurants, specialty food stores, food processing)
- Design (including graphic design, printing, advertising, and Web design)
- Entertainment (including performing arts, music, theater, dance, media, film)
- Literary Arts and Humanities (including publishing, writing, editing)
- Preservation (including architecture, landscape architecture, historic renovation, and historic preservation)
- Visual Arts and Crafts (including visual artists, craftspeople, art gallery owners and employees, museum work)
Site Header Image Credit: M+MD, Flickr, Creative Commons Attribution License